Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some more stuff you should read

This is a (??blurb??)/result of a strike of inspiration when my friend Sarah Allen and I were talking about that thunder like a week ago. It's amazing and you should read it. Write your comments and what you think about it, Sarah would really like to know:

The darkness was around me. It pushed against me, living...feeding...being off of my fears that hung around the room. There was no light. Light was warm, safe. It brought peace to the darkness I feared. But there was no light here. Only black. Only darkness.

It seemed to come closer now. Lurking in every corner, every part of my room. It padded forward, like a deadly cat, ready to pounce. It was so close...so close...I could almost feel the shadows rubbing against my check, whispering false hope in my ears. It was trying to confuse me, take me away from the little warmness that I had left.

So close...

The moon seemed to fade from my window. Maybe a cloud. Or maybe the dark had overpowered its soft, pulsing glow. The gentle silver that brought small light in the night was fading. Fading...Fading...Now it was but a sliver. Then it was gone. It came, it came.... The darkness, the shadows, they seemed to come quicker then before. The cat turned into a panther, stalking its prey. Its frightened prey. Trying to run, trying to hide from the predator that it knew was right behind it... That it knew that it was moving closer...

So close...

I wanted to run. But where? There was no light here. There was no beautiful moon to help me. No sun to fight the shadows. Not even a candle to provide light. Only black. Only darkness. Its cold hand moved once more against my face, begging...pleading...

Help...

Screams.

Screams that only I could hear. Full of pain and sorrow. They too wanted light. Light...Warmth...To fell its rays pulsing against the skin, filling it with joy. Banishing the darkness from their shadowed skin. Wanting to run...run...run away from this. This room of horror, of screams and darkness and shadows. Of pain. No light. Where...? Where...? Where is that wondering sight? Of the sun. Of the moon. Of light. Of beauty. Of warmth.

Where....

I wanted to scream. I wanted to sob. Why couldn't it go away? Why did it have to choose me? This shadow...This predator...Why was it following me? Padding so close...so close... Jumping in the air, claws outstretched, attacking the prey below. While it tried to run. Run prey... Move. Move away from the shadows, the darkness, even though you know it's the end. You know it. You know that it is coming. The carful hunter, you know it sees you. It's green eyes are staring at you. Waiting...waiting...

So close....

So you run. Move. Escape. Try. Try little prey. Little mouse. Run. Move. It's behind you. You know it. You fear it. It doesn't fear you. It smiles. You don't see it though. You are running from fate. You are running from the predator, that is trying to capture you between its claws. That is going to capture you. You know it. You've seen it.

Cries...

I want to cry for you. You run, you move. Why does it have to be? Tears. I can see you running. I am you. You are me. The prey, the mouse, it moves. So close, even closer. Eyes. Green eyes. Seeing you. Even through the darkness. The shadows. Where is the light? Sun. Moon. Stars. There is nothing. Nothing to stop it. The hunt. The capture. Run. Run prey. Run me. Run.

Who?

Who are you little prey? Little me? Running from this darkness. You know it is your fate. To run. To hide. To be defeated. But why? You are me. I am you. You know what I am saying. Why do run? Do you fear? Fear this darkness? I know. You scream it with words that only I can hear. I know that. I am you. You want to do it. To turn around. To face this darkness.

No...

Voices. You. Are you talking? How? You are me. I am you. Who is saying this? Prey? Mouse? Me?

I will not...

I plead. Do it. Stop it. You want to. You need to. Predator. Green eyes. It looks at you. But what? In what? Amusement? Or maybe in fear... Yes... The darkness is scared. It needs you. To feast on you. Control you. By why should you let it? Turn. Turn me. Mouse. Prey.

Why?

Reasons...reasons...Don't think. That's what it wants. The darkness. The shadows. Let thought go away. It is only you. You are running, running through this forest. For what. Yourself? No. Never. You ran. For whom? Predator. It wants you. You're only doing what it wants. Please, mouse, prey, me, myself...

Fine.

I want to scream with joy. I can see it. I can see you. You turn. Face the monster. Not a panther anymore. Nothing. Everything. Darkness. Green eyes. No, red eyes. It has changed. Why do you tense? You can do it. Defeat it. You control it. Don't let it control you. You beat it. Win.

Strike...

Attack. You, the mouse. The prey. Me. We both do it. Our claws become one. We aren't a mouse any more. We are the predator. We are the hunter. Darkness... Run. Light is coming. Stars, moon, sun. You're time is up. Why do you struggle? I can see it. You can see it. Darkness is fading.

Warmth...

I can feel it. The sun, moving up. You are not the panther. You are not the predator. Run mouse. Mouse of darkness. We have won. Not you. Try again if you want. But you will lose. Little shadows. You are nothing in the sun. In the warmth. Light.

Screams.

Your screams. You know that you have been beaten. So you do it. You run. Flee. Go back into nothingness. You know that we will win. We have always win. So run. Run. Run darkness. Try again. Not now, maybe later. But you know it, even when we fail to remember it. When we lose hope. You know that we will win. The light. The mouse.

The sun...

Enjoy!!!! Leave comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment